Game Recommendations?

Game Recommendations?

Postby Yart » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:28 am

Hello. I'm a console nut where I feel the need to own as many consoles as I can, even if it's just a few games for them. The 3DO is one of the next consoles I'm looking into purchasing, but I've kind of ran into a snag...

...just what DOES the 3DO have to offer? I'm a fan of hardcore arcade scrolling shoot-em-ups (example would be DoDonPachi), platformers, action RPGs, puzzle games, fighters and misc/odd genres. I'd also like to hear what you think is good of other genres too since there are always exceptions.

I can't find much information online so I need your help. :) Thanks!
Yart

Re: Game Recommendations?

Postby Yart » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:33 am

Oh! Forgot to mention, I'm not afraid of importing either. (For my other consoles, most of my games are imports from Japan) I'm looking into buying a Japanese system anyways since they're region free EXCEPT for a few Japanese titles that I've read about that required certain fonts? Something like that.

Feel free to throw games of other languages at me. :)
Yart

Postby Administrator » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:45 pm

Some of the best games would be Return Fire, Captain Quazar, Syndicate, Star Control 2, and Gex. There are plenty of others though, and lots of Japanese games to choose from although I haven't really played any to mention yet. Avoid Mazer and any of the so called adult titles. Just crap there. Out of this World and the Alone in the Dark's are good too.
Administrator
Site Admin

Postby Trekster_Gamer » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:10 pm

I agree with those titles, but I have to admit as much as I loved GEX it has one of them ost horrid save options I have even encountered in a game.
Trekster_Gamer

Postby flayer6 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:46 pm

Speaking of saving in Gex!...I'm playing that now and hate having to visit Tomato Soup after completing every other board, just to save! I have another post (the only other at the moment) that requests for you guys to give me a list of those games that have a memory manager on disc (besides Game Guru).

To stay on this thread's topic, I like Trip'D (tetris with a twist), Twisted (a game show) and Immercenary. I don't like Alone in the Dark, D, Brain Dead 13 or those types of games but I still own 'em.
flayer6

Return to 3DO Games